Lately I have been wanting to challenge myself (again) to branch out into more abstract collages -- a change from my image-driven or color-driven pieces. Although I have tried several times in the past four years, most end up in a reject stack under the desk. Nevertheless I keep trying and finally!!! I have one that is more successful. There were "steps" along the way: Making dozens of small squares first using pale blue and rust, then combining the squares into small groupings and placing the rust colored grouping running horizontal across the large black board with pale blues and tan across the top and bottom. While I liked the composition the outlines were to crisp so I softened them to suggest early morning or evening by applying torn pieces of soft tan and soft blue tissue paper over them. Using images of camels crossing the dessert, I trimmed out several of different sizes to suggest movement across the piece -- using some reflections upside down to suggested a mirage.
Monday, November 7, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Inspired by Artemi II -- Lunar Sphere of Influence
The gorgeous cut-out images are from a book entitled "deep space" compiled by Stuart Clark with hundreds of credits listed, a fe...
-
The gorgeous cut-out images are from a book entitled "deep space" compiled by Stuart Clark with hundreds of credits listed, a fe...
-
My return to swimming in Hawaii's lava-encrusted East Side ocean has been an unexpected delight. Swimming was an important part of my m...

No comments:
Post a Comment