Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Deconstructing Monk

 What FUN!! One of my collage mantras is: invent a further step.  In other words, take what I've learned and stretch my skill by envisioning what else I could do to enhance my collage. Sometimes when something doesn't "work" the "failure" leads to more inventive solutions. One of the main aspects to my ascetic is combining apparent disparate themes and objects. Such was the case with these two photos by renowned contributors to National Geographic. (Apologies to them in advance -- I mean no disrespect by my creative alterations!)

When I initially saw the image of the monk traversing what appeared to be a life-less urban/industrial setting, I mused over how our perception of our environment changes because of our thinking -- a major component of Zen philosophy. The title for the collage emerged as I sought to weave a  "alternative view" into the grey architectural scene. Perhaps in the mind of the Monk he saw no disparity at all!

  





No comments:

Post a Comment