Wednesday, March 1, 2023

"Passing Time"

It was during February this year, while it was raining, raining, and RAINING Phil and I spent many hours and many days in our cozy studio. Of course Phil's medium is wood and his current finished pieces can be seen on our shared blog:  haysmerhawaii.blogspot.com. While he's "making sawdust" I am in my space covering my table and floor with scraps of paper as I cut out images and background textures for new collage pieces. 

We were "passing time" -- so I chose a batch of images to match the mood.  Rusted cans, rusted train, chairs, deteriorating buildings and hollowed out buildings. Actually, to be honest, the "prime mover" was the Australian "Boabob Tree" I duplicated and then turned sideway at the top and bottom. The peek-a-boo blues coming through were accentuated by the center sundial and iguana.

What does it mean? -- Sorry, that's not a question I relate to so much; I simply enjoy mixing up images to create a pleasing composite, falling back on my favorites -- from architecture, science and cultural anthropology. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

World Collage Day 2024